search this blog

7.12.2013

guest post: spray paint earrings

Hey everyone, my name is Randi and I am coming here from Sowdering About to share with you a recent craft of mine.  I have been dabbling in making jewelry lately and came up with this super easy way of making some pretty neat earrings.  Oh and did I mention they were cheap?



I bought these little metal pieces from a craft store when we first moved to Seattle.  I really liked how they looked and although at the time I had no idea what I was going to do with them, I had to have them.  Plus I think they were maybe $1 for the pair. 

And they are pretty right?  


When I was cleaning up and organizing all my craft stuff (why is there so much stuff?  I swear it just multiplies), I came across them again since I had lost them for a while.  I had just finished working on my washi tape earrings, so when I found them, I immediately thought EARRINGS!  It worked out well too since all my jewelry making stuff was already out.

They needed color though.  They needed to be teal.

It just so happened that I am currently obsessed with teal and I want everything in my life to be teal.  So I took these bad boys outside to my work table and spray painted them.


Once they were dry, I looped a ring and a fishhook through them and viola!  Brilliance.


The spray paint I used was a satin finish.  They aren't super shiny, but they aren't flat either.  They are SUPER lightweight too.

Total time with drying was about 20 minutes.  Total cost was about $1.50.  

What do you think?  Do they live up to their name?  

Thanks for having me here today!  I look forward to visiting again!

Randi blogs in a blue recliner from the wet city of Seattle where she and her family live.  She blogs about her crafting adventures and parenting trials, because if you can’t find humor in your own life, then who will?  You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.





4 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty and clever :) Thanks to Randi for the helpful tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys! I really love them myself as well! And they are super light so I barely know I am wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! So pretty. What's with the blue-green colors this season? I've been having an obsession with turquoise!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...