search this blog

7.21.2012

gift tags ::part 2::

Here we are: part 2 of gift tags (if you missed part 1, check it out here). I was pleasantly surprised with how part 1 gift tags turned out, so I decided to take them to the next level. Fabric tags! I bought a few yards of linen for a future project and stole a few small scraps to make these:


______________________________________________

Here's what you'll need to make your own:


small scraps of linen
letter stencil
fabric marker
scissors
sewing machine (optional)
rubber stamps & ink (optional)
twine
______________________________________________


[1] cut a piece of linen a little bit wider than your template tag and twice as long.
Trace your tag - then trace the mirror image of it on the left hand side.


[2] cut out your tag leaving the center line connected.


[3] fold the left side of your tag over on top of the right side of your tag.
This gives it a little weight and makes it less flimsy.


[4] run a small zig zag stitch along the outer edge of your tag and let the edges fray.
I think the threads give it some character.

I added a small circle button hole to mine using my sewing machine, but you could just cut a small hole for your twine if you don't have this option.


[5] Using your letter stencil or rubber stamps, decorate your tag.
Add a little twine and connect to a gift.


If you don't have a sewing machine...no problem!
You can just cut out a single layer of linen and decorate the same way.
Just as cute and functional:




[p.s. this post may be linked up to any number of link parties seen here]




10 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! Great job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome tags! have you seen tag tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from Craft-o-maniac party! Love these little tags. I am pinning for Christmas wrap ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design on the sewn card! Looks fabulous. I think it's the combination of the plain linen, the stamping and the unsewn edges that appeals to me. I would love for you to share this at our ongoing linky that's just for Gift Wrapping .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I linked up to your gift wrapping link party - what a great idea!

      Delete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...